Saturday, October 20, 2007

Emerald Isle tri

Today I did some that is fun. I ran the Emerald Isle Triathlon. I was happy that I got to run this one I was thinking that I would not get to run a tri this year. I was on a small read less then 5 acres
base in Iraq for the last year I got back to the world in late April my level of fitness was not there.
The race was fun I got there in time to pick a good spot the transition
area I set up my area and waited for the pre-race meeting. At the pre-race meeting found out that the buoys for the swim could not be set sooooooo. the tri turned in to a run bike. I was counting on the swim to warm my back up for a run but ok.
The Run was ok I had a 5k time of 25 minutes that was good and then came the bike.
The Bike was good the course was just less then 20 miles. I set out with a good spin to spin the run out of my legs and drink some water. I was heading out in to the wind but was riding strong in to the wind and realized that I brought a lot of life crap with me out on the bike. i when harder in to the wind and harder on the way back and left a lot of crap on the course and it was a good bike split too .
Mac Out

No comments: